Tuesday, March 22, 2005

 

Back in the saddle.

Got to drive my bus again, finally. The body is just about perfect again, and the worst of the upholstery has been replaced, not repaired. I was in heaven.

My last route of the day was a riot. All the younger kids joined in a lively game of ball, which meant that they were all out of their seats. Nothing I could do on the freeway but yell, and they ignored that. Once on the street and at a red light, I saw one kid catch the ball. I called him by name and ordered him to bring the ball to me. He did, but slapped it hard into my hand in defiance, then strutted back to his friends and a lot of laughing.

I opened the door without hesitation, and out went the ball. That was unexpected. They shut up and sat down. It was just a ratty old tennis ball, and probably a found toy. Those kids aren't the tennis types.

Just one link today. This is why we always check the bus.

Crystal Lake driver charged after boy left on school busChicago Tribune (subscription) - USA... But the bus driver, who has been charged with reckless conduct, said the boy hid from her to avoid going to school. "This kid did ...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?